Only use this if you want people to be like ‘No Sh*t this is Vegan?”… yeah Becky… it is. No muss or fuss or paragraphs you don’t want to read. Just photos to make you want to make it and a recipe. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup of Vegan mayo like Vegenaise
- 1/2 an english cucumber or whatever kind you have on hand
- 6-8 capers – these are strange pickled flower buds… you can find them by the tomato paste and the pickled veggies usually… I don’t know… ask someone at the grocery store.
- 1/4 cup of fresh herbs – I like dill, oregano, basil or thyme. If you are feeling adventurous, but still want to keep it PG, mix them together!
- 2 tbsp of pickle juice AND/OR Lemon Juice … this is the secret weapon right here. I like both but some people are weird about pickles…Both makes the dressing thinner but tastier.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic – more if your spouse is on a business trip
- 3 tbsp of Nooch – If you are new to the Vegan world – this is magic called Nutritional Yeast, you can find it pretty much anywhere now-a-days.
- Salt & pepper to taste
What to do:
- Shred the cucumber, now put it in cheesecloth or a cloth and squeeze most of the liquid out.
- Put this all in a high powered blender or food processor and let it turn verrrryyy creamy
- Pour it into a lovely ramekin and serve with chips, veggies or in a salad, taco etc. This dip goes with any food and outfit.
Usually keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.