If you have ever hummed and hawed over buying a Breville Tea Maker, I am here to make you feel better about buying one.
This baby will set you back at least $250 CAD which is an absolute sh$%ton no matter how you slice it.
I have had mine for SEVEN YEARS so far, and I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I make tea, boil water, make more tea… I suppose that is really all I do with this… but if you are a tea drinker, I cannot recommend this enough.
- This beauty will steep your tea perfectly and has settings for each type of tea, if you like it strong, regular, mild or “custom”.
- It can handle all sorts of tea – Green – Ooooolong – Herbal – Custom – White – Black etc. I usually make my own with herb leaves, lemon, and saffron and it comes out beautifully. I will put the recipe at the bottom. You will love it!
- It has a “Keep Warm” feature if you are going to be taking down a whole pot one morning.
- The basket is a thing of magic. It is so easy to clean and setup.
- It heats water up friggin lighting fast.
- It has the same ‘Auto Start” that a regular coffee pot has to help you start your day off right.
I thought long and hard about the cons of buying this. One tough thing (that you get used to but can still be annoying) is the bottom CANNOT GET WET. Under no circumstances can it get wet. My husband put a pot of tea on and didn’t know this and the bottom burned and the whole pot erupted violently with tea going all over my walls…. So yeah, it says it on the pot for this very reason.. but my dear husband is just not much of a reader. LOL.
All in all, go getcho’ self one!
- Two pinches of Saffron
- Two sticks of Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of lemon (less if you are not as crazy for Lemon as I am)
- 3 cups of Water
Steep on the ‘Herbal’ setting for 3 minutes. The water will turn a lovely golden color!
You are ready to enjoy. Best drank with meditation, dinner or playing cards with a loved one. 🙂